Continued from Trick or Treat for UNICEF – Part 3
For fun, I am taking myself through the very exercise that I am going to ask the audience to complete when I deliver this presentation.
As I look back from the perspective of the UNICEF Story, I am looking at a list of hundreds of Values that I use in the Coaching Work that I do with my clients, what were my Values way back in 1965?
• Accomplish, Adventure, Assemble, Assist, Attract, Best, Bond, Cause, Collect, Compassion, Connect, Contact, Deliver, Devote, Discover, Engage, Engineer, Enhance, Enliven, Enthuse, Explore, Foster, Gather, Honor, Impact, Implement, Improve, Inspire, Launch, Learn, Manifest, Move, Organize, Persuade, Produce, Promote, Quest, Relate, Renew, Serve, Triumph and Volunteer
Given that time is of the essence as I have a PowerPoint deadline, I am going to come back to refining this list on another day and go onto;
Action Step 3 – Review the following list of Positive Feelings ( I have a list of hundreds of Positive Feeling that I give to my Coaching Clients ) and write down the Positive Feelings that your actions were based on.
• Alive, Carefree, Delighted, Eager, Enthusiastic, Excited, Fascinated, Fulfilled, Grateful, Happy, Inspired, Intrigued, Involved, Optimistic, Peaceful, Quite, Sensitive, Touched, Trusting and Wonderful
As I writing this PowerPoint, the assignment is working for me because memories are coming back of the earlier accomplishments that I had when I was challenged when I did whatever it took to succeed;
• Rolling a transport truck on the Hope-Princeton Highway and getting out and driving another one within 48 hours
• Selling 27 house orders of window screens on a Saturday in January
• Being the first salesperson in the company to break $1,000,000 in sales
• Purchasing my first home with no down payment with 90 days to raise it
• Receiving a sales award for number one in sales of The Unlimited Power Video Workshop when I co-owned the Anthony Robbins Franchise
There are loads of them, and not to forget being single for a number of years and taking the time to write down qualities of the woman that I wanted to attract and I did … my loving wife Laura.
It was bound to happen sooner or later after one hundred and fifty speaking presentations. A little while back I was shocked to be accused of wasting the audiences time, that the information is just for novices and that I was too busy trying to sell my product ( well not to my face … behind my back ).
The only thing that I was too busy trying to sell is a free message that has taken me the best part of twenty five years to develop that is The Secret to The Secret … the missing link!
Speaking of Free, have your read Chris Andersons Book on Free: The Future Of A Radical Price? As I approach the 5 year anniversary of this Blog and when I look at Our 34 Step Marketing Funnel, isn’t most of it Free?
There are those that are alive, those that thrive, those that deny and those that survive.
Those that are alive progress in any market because they are alive and open to the belief that they will always give and receive value from all communication. If they can gain one thing of value from a presentation, they are happy.
Those that thrive are usually successful … to a point. Their results are up and down because they are addicted to survive. Thrive rimes with survive and the reason that they thrive is because they are always working. They are often angry about this and project their attack onto anyone that reaches out with a new message that could help them. They can’t hear the new message because they are overwhelmed and pissed off with the old message that keeps them addicted to survival.
Those that just try to survive do so by living each day just trying to get to the end of it; almost hoping that the phone doesn’t ring because it could mean that they would have to get off their lazy ass and do something. They have signed off from most of their business lives because they are fed up as they tried to get their lack of approval, recognition, safety and worthiness through their work and now it is “what is the use”.
Then there are those that just plain deny. It is like the Hebrew proverb; ten percent of the people make things happen, eighty percent watch things happen and ten percent don’t have a clue that anything happened at all.
Life is about messages. If you get the message then you receive an attainment and you go onto the next level. If you don’t get the message, then you create a problem. If you don’t fix the problem, then you create a crisis, then you get the message.
Just remember, don’t shoot the messenger!