You have no doubt heard this example of an acronym for FEAR;
- F alse
- E xpectations
- A ppearing
- R eal
As long as you give tse false expectations power by focusing on them, they will become real as The Law Of Attraction is absolute, you attract what you focus on or as John Kehoe said; “thoughts are real forces”.
How can one focus on there vision when dominated by what might happen?
Where there is no vision, the people perish. – Proverbs 29:18
Everyone has a unique vision or calling and this is unavoidable. You have two choices; fulfill your unique vision or calling or become the living dead, living your life and business life, day to day just hoping to get by. Why do we avoid our unique vision or calling?
- F alse
- E xpectations
- A ppearing
- R eal
Fearing that the granddaddy of all unmet needs, that the unmet need of worthiness and our unique vision or calling will not be good enough.
One thing to know about fear; “Fear reaches only to the point when the unavoidable begins; from there on, it loses its meaning. And all we have left is the hope that we are making the right decision.” – Paulo Coelho – The Fifth Mountain
You have three choices, to hope for; to Thrive, Deny or Survive. You will create whatever you focus on.
“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars” – Oscar Wilde
With the DNC List Legislation (Do Not Call List ), we all have to think of more creative ways to eliminate cold calls while working with niche marketing at the same time.
Yes this list looks intimidating. It looked that way to me five years ago. There is an expression that; “If they can’t find you on Google, you don’t exist”.
To get your name to the top page on Google, all you have to is point number 13 on the following list and have the articles publish in the publications that your niche is reading.
- Choose A Niche
- Find A Problem That Needs Solving
- Create A Solution Through Your Products & Services
- Brand Your Solution
- Create An Introductory Letter & Product Sales Pages
- Under Promise & Over Deliver To Your Clients
- Ask For Referrals
- Receive And Publish Client Testimonials
- Create A Referral Card
- Create A Web Site
- Publish An E-Newsletter
- Publish A Blog
- Write Articles
- Create Press Releases
- Master Viral Marketing
- Create A Speaking Folio
- Create A Show Reel
- Create CDs & DVDs
- Create Blogs
- Speak To 50,000 People Within The Niche At Association And Corporate Events
- Receive And Publish Speaking Testimonials
- Prospect Speaking Opportunities
- Get Published By A National Publication Within The Niche
- Exhibit At Tradeshows
- Write & Publish A Book
- Offer The First Three Chapters Of Your Book For FREE
- Strengthen Your Team
- Create Relationships With Centers Of Influence
- Develop Strategic Alliance Partners
- Attract Sponsors
- Integrate Facebook, Linked In, MySpace, Twitter With Your Blog
- Make A “knock ‘em dead” FREE Offer To Become A Client For The First Time
- View Your Niche From 35,000 Feet – Don’t Be Afraid To Travel Afar To Your Prospects
- Market, Market & Market Your Products & Services… And Never, Never Do A Cold Call Ever Again.
A car is picking me up for the airport and I will be traveling until 8pm ET today to North Bay, Ontario so e-mail will be returned on Tuesday.
Here is a picture of my Week At A Glance “Timanager” Action Planner for the week of September 13th – 20th that includes all of my travel, coaching, speaking, personal activities and time blocks for projects work that are listed below ( time blocks = X for travel time and hotel room time that can be used for project work ).
One can go from “I have too much to do” and “I have no time” to “look at all the time that I have this week on the road to complete creative projects!!!”
I’m on the road this week to speak at Advocis North Bay, Ontario and Advocis Kingston, Ontario on Wednesday and Thursday. I’m flying Monday to acclimatize to ET and flying home on Friday afternoon.
Aside from the speaking and a few client calls this week, because it is a telephone coaching off week, I have 39 Hours of Block Time that I can invest in the following creative projects;
- Speaking PowerPoint Upgrade & Prep
- Speaking Camera Dry Run
- Optimism Research
- Market The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Film Speaking Presentations For Show Reel Footage
- Schedule Appointments With Speaking COIs
- E-Mail To Invite Participants To The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Follow Up MDRT Vancouver 2010
- Associate To The Sales Goals That We Wish To Attract
- Sales Page For The Leading Advisor Clear Your Roadblocks Workshop & GYM
- Sales Page For One On One Coaching & The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Article On “Free”
- Upgrade The Leading Advisor Clear Your Roadblocks Private Web Site for participants of The
- Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Order Camtasia
- Work With Kim Black On Marketing & Web
- Mind Map Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace and Twitter And Upgrade Same
- Reflect On Marketing & Sales Training For Laura
- Decide On IFB Fall Speaking
- Client E-Mails
- Team E-Mails
- Give Thanks
13 Simple Steps to Time Management – Part 1
1. What are your beliefs about time?
Are you saying?
- I don’t have enough time
- There is too much to do
- I’ll never get it all done
Whatever you believe, you are right.
This reminds me of a quote from John Kehoe, author of Mind Power. ‘Thoughts are real forces’.
What if you were to adopt the belief of;
- I have an abundance of time for anything that I am committed to doing!
In your journal, draw two columns on a page, make a list of all of the limiting beliefs that you have about time in the left column.
In the right column, write down the antithesis or opposite positive belief to the negative belief.
Practice focusing on the positive beliefs on a regular basis.
You can do the same process with your goals also.
2. Plan Your Day
- Make a list of everything you have to do every day
- Prioritize the list into A’s, B’s, and C’s
- Do the most important things first, the second most important things second, the third things third
3. Do Your ABC’s
- A’s are the things that you must do today
- B’s are the things that you would like to do today
- C’s are the things that are not essential for you to do today
4. Check in every 15 minutes
To make sure that you are on track, every 15 minutes ask yourself; Is what I am doing right now taking action towards the intended outcome of my goal?
Some people go so far as to setting an alarm on their watch or computer to keep them on track.
If the answer to the question is no then;
- Stop doing it
- Find someone else to do it
- Record it on a list to schedule for future action
- Forget it
5. Form The Habit Of Allowing 5 to 15 Minutes To Review Your To-Do List
They say it takes 21 days to break a bad habit. What if, for the next 21 days, you formed the habit of allowing yourself 5 to 15 minutes at the beginning of your day, every single day, to review your list – add to it, subtract from it, and re-prioritize it.
Dedicate 5 to 15 minutes to;
- Make your to-do list
- Prioritize it into A’s, B’s, and C’s
- Estimate the time to compete each to-do
- Schedule the to-do in your diary
- Complete the to-do.
6. Use A Week At A Glance 24/7 Diary
For me personally, I find that I like to be able to view my schedule for the entire week. All I have to do is review my to-do list, prioritize it, estimate the time and schedule the time into my Week At A Glance 24/7 Diary.
John, It’s Simon from XYZ Financial and I know you are probably busy with the summer … we have been in touch about building your wealth and protecting your assets and I know that this is important to you so given we are in the lazy days of summer it may be a good time for us to get together or if not, book an appointment now for September so that it does not fall through the cracks.
Which works best for you?
- August or September?
- Mornings or Afternoons?
– You get the point.
Begin with a Clear mind.
A Clear mind is what our coaching clients experience because they are free of The Unmet Needs Disease.
With high energy and practiced high energy script right out of the gate you will fill you book with appointments and hit the ground running in September.
Click Prospecting While Peaceful, Placid & Private for additional insight.
It’s Saturday morning and I’m confessing that I’m likely going to be working Saturday and Sunday mornings/early afternoons and I’m just taking a moment to celebrate the successes that we are experiencing … at the same time, this writing will spur me on as it is sunny and going to be near 30° C today.
I’m working completing a workshop, PowerPoint, workshop manual and coaching gym for delivery on July 16th.
Even though I’m working the weekend, I’m truly inspired for a number of reasons;
- Laura’s Mom Helen is here for a weekend visit
- I laid off of writing what is going on with us in business and personal blogs for the entire week and all the business blogs are already written for next week
- A Staycation from June 29th – July 3rd and enjoyed; barbeques, boating on Sprout Lake, cycling, mini golf, peace of mind, puppy class, walking Shadow, visiting my Mom Irene and yoga – click here for Staycation Pics
- Completely on track with our vision
- Ended the week by Emptying My Head and office cleanup
- Robert Gignac of Wealth Is A State Of Mind is coming to visit us on Monday afternoon and a messy office would not do
- Bob personally referred us to the MDRT for Vancouver 2010
- Jeff Comiskey of Succession Strategies Inc. and Advocis London Chapter President referred us to six other Ontario Advocis Chapters
- An exceptional week of coaching calls and we are doing more and more consulting work
- Reminded to re-visit Dragon Voice Recognition Software after putting it aside five years ago … this is spurred on with receiving a Coaching Call Client Prep Form from a client that was done in Dragon
- Reminded to re-visit Skype after putting it aside a few years ago after receiving a client call from Europe
- A new client started
- Financial Advisor Speaking Update sent to Life Insurance and MGA Companies
- Booked Advocis Trail, BC and London, ON for financial advisor public speaking
- A July 15th breakfast meeting booked in Vancouver with two COI’s from a national financial advisor firm that can sponsor financial advisor public speaking, workshops, manager coaching and financial advisor coaching
Best of all, the work on completing the workshop, powerpoint, workshop manual and coaching gym for delivery on July 16th which we are doing with Kim Black, our Coaching IT Master is preparing the foundation for us to launch a public financial advisor coaching gym that includes;
- Unlimited E-Mail Access to Simon Reilly
- Audio Lessons
- Monthly ¼ Hour Phone Call with Simon Reilly that can be booked using and automated appointment booking on-line software
- Monthly group coaching calls
- E-Coaching Follow Up to your E-Lessons, E-Mails and Progress Reports – this means I am with you every step of the way reading your E-Lessons, E-Mails and Progress Reports and Responding with; Articles, E-Lessons, Feedback, Forms, Insights and Tough Love
- Weekly Progress Report ( Automated )
- A Private On Line Forum
We are hoping to launch a Free Beta Version in our July E-Newsletter for the month of August to create a September Strong Start.
I grew up in a household that believed in taking care of what matters … I believe I have a fiduciary responsibility to help my clients to grow their investments and to insure that their investments are well taken care of … at the same time I believe I have a fiduciary responsibility to take care of their family, friends and associates …
- If you were going to describe me and my products and services to someone, what would you say?
- What do you like best about working with me?
- What do we do for you that you didn’t expect?
- What can we do to improve my service?
- Who can you introduce us to that will appreciate the same kind of products and services?
- Wait 3 seconds …
- Do you know what, most of the time when I ask this question, a person doesn’t come to mind but when I call back in ten days to two weeks, someone always crosses a person’s path.
- Is it OK if I call you back in ten days to two weeks to follow up?