A car is picking me up for the airport and I will be traveling until 8pm ET today to North Bay, Ontario so e-mail will be returned on Tuesday.
Here is a picture of my Week At A Glance “Timanager” Action Planner for the week of September 13th – 20th that includes all of my travel, coaching, speaking, personal activities and time blocks for projects work that are listed below ( time blocks = X for travel time and hotel room time that can be used for project work ).
One can go from “I have too much to do” and “I have no time” to “look at all the time that I have this week on the road to complete creative projects!!!”
I’m on the road this week to speak at Advocis North Bay, Ontario and Advocis Kingston, Ontario on Wednesday and Thursday. I’m flying Monday to acclimatize to ET and flying home on Friday afternoon.
Aside from the speaking and a few client calls this week, because it is a telephone coaching off week, I have 39 Hours of Block Time that I can invest in the following creative projects;
- Speaking PowerPoint Upgrade & Prep
- Speaking Camera Dry Run
- Optimism Research
- Market The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Film Speaking Presentations For Show Reel Footage
- Schedule Appointments With Speaking COIs
- E-Mail To Invite Participants To The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Follow Up MDRT Vancouver 2010
- Associate To The Sales Goals That We Wish To Attract
- Sales Page For The Leading Advisor Clear Your Roadblocks Workshop & GYM
- Sales Page For One On One Coaching & The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Article On “Free”
- Upgrade The Leading Advisor Clear Your Roadblocks Private Web Site for participants of The
- Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Order Camtasia
- Work With Kim Black On Marketing & Web
- Mind Map Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace and Twitter And Upgrade Same
- Reflect On Marketing & Sales Training For Laura
- Decide On IFB Fall Speaking
- Client E-Mails
- Team E-Mails
- Give Thanks
We are working with a private group of financial advisors through The Clear Your Roadblocks One Day Workshop and The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM Program.
The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM Program includes the participants receiving a Weekly Work Out Log.
I’m a believer in “Don’t ask anyone to do anything that you are not willing to do yourself” and my Weekly Work Out Log is at the bottom of this Blog.
The Weekly Work Out Log helps one to acknowledge themselves for the progress that they are making. A path to fulfillment if you will.
This also serves to reduce the addiction and struggle of trying to get ones unmet needs met from outside of themselves through activity, clients, family, medications, spending money, and the list just goes on.
When one is addicted to busywork and when one fails to stop and acknowledge their progress, one can fall prey to the effects of the compounding negative beliefs and emotions that are rooted in the unmet needs.
When one carries an unmet need like worthiness, nothing can ever be enough.
Weekly Work Out Log
1. What do you consider to be your 5 top achievements this week?:
- Completed three excellent coaching calls from appointments that fell out on of the week of July 20th
- Completed the Empty My Head Process and projects prioritized for September
- Completed the copy and delivered it to our IT Master for the Private Web Site / Follow Up Program for The Leading Advisor Clear Your Roadblocks Private Web Site for participants of The Clear Your Roadblocks One Day Workshop and The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM Program.
- Completed the copy and delivered it to our IT Master for the Public Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM Program to be launched mid August.
- Three articles are complete ready to be submitted to Advisor.ca for September – November.
- Staycation week that included; Salts Spring Miles and miles of walking with Laura and Shadow, Puppy Class, boating on Sprout Lake, Yoga Class, Swam in the Ocean, Kayaking around Newcastle Island, Filberg Festival, Public Enemy ( a 5 out of 10 … sorry Johnny )
2. Why are they significant?:
- Significant value added to clients because they made progress with business challenges and relationships that were dragging them down. I am focused and at peace heading into August. The near completion of the Private Web Site and GYM are a Milestone in the completion of the creative process that includes; Leading Advisor Coaching Program, Branding, Niche Marketing, Web Site, E-Newsletter, Blog, Published in Advisor.ca & Advocis FORUM, Speaking Coast To Coast, Leading Advisor Workshop and Sponsorship. Had lots of R & R.
3. How do they make you feel?:
- Alive, energized and inspired as the pieces of the creative side of the business are all falling into place.
4. What further progress could you make in this direction?:
- Use non-prime time to over-see the completion of the Private Web Site and GYM by our IT Master Kim Black and go out and tell 10,000 people.
5. What are you resisting doing?:
- Resisting? Nothing. I must increase my focus by taking my prioritized projects and time block them so that the A priorities get completed in high energy prime time.
6. How can you use your personal strengths; your values, positive feelings, positive beliefs to commit to 3 needed actions this week to meet your 90-day goals?:
- I will use my value of consciousness to prioritize projects, time block them and take massive action during my high energy times and track items for follow up/future action in my journal so I stay focused on the task at hand.
- Re-read my prioritize projects on a daily basis
- Meditate, breath, fall still and clear.
- Give thanks and anchor the feeling into the activity on a daily basis
7. How can I help? What will best move you forward with this?:
* * *
Last week of July was a Staycation Week, working mornings and taking the afternoons off in record breaking temperatures from 30°C – 40°C.
Pics from Thursday’s Kayaking Trip with Jan from Adventuress Kayaking around Newcastle Island, east of Nanaimo.
There is an expression … you don’t have a secret, the secret has you.
Taking it a step further, you don’t have unmet needs, limiting beliefs and limiting emotions, they have you.
Rather, the fear based ego mind has you because the fear based ego mind has the unmet needs, limiting beliefs and limiting emotions and it has you convinced and addicted to the all kinds of lies about yourself.
The fear based ego mind has you in a trap thinking that if you ever shared its secret then some terrible things would happen.
The challenge is the terrible things are prone to continue to happen harboring the unmet needs, limiting beliefs and limiting emotions.
The laws of attraction are absolute and you will attract the evidence to make the unmet needs, limiting beliefs and limiting emotions real.
As an example; the unmet need of safety creates the limiting beliefs of “I don’t have any money” and “I don’t have any time” and the unmet need and the limiting beliefs fuel the limiting emotions of anxiety and fear.
The truth will set you free.
Nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning that you give it.
You are a being and you are not your fear based ego mind.
What will allow the second half of the year to triumph?
There are many financial advisors that are full of belief, drive and success but they are not enjoying themselves.
They think that they are at the peak of their business career and the inevitable descent frightens them.
They have forgotten that there are still other peaks to climb because they have gotten used to life as it is.
They have lots of things and things to do but few aspirations.
They are full of problems solved, cases approved, business that prospers without them having to do a lot.
Now all that is left is the fear of change which is why they go from client meeting to client meeting, staff meeting to staff meeting, client file to client file, project to project, seminar to seminar, association event to association event, charity event to charity event, golf game to golf game, party to party so as not to have time to think, and to meet the same people over and over and believe that everything is the same.
Certainties and compliancy has replaced passion.
Where does passion come from?
From living your values, vision, mission, purpose, objectives, strategies and actions.
Forget the concepts, markets and products.
Clarify and document your values, vision, mission, purpose, objectives, strategies and actions and go out and plant the seeds of change.
Anyone who stands outside the door of change and fails to recognize it may well end up leaving it open and allow tragedies to enter.
This writing was inspired by and adapted from Paul Coelho’s new book The Winner Stands Alone.
At the Kelowna airport at 5:15pm PT on Wednesday awaiting an 8:35pm flight to Nanaimo via Vancouver.
Feel ing thankful as the live financial advisor coaching practice visit was a success and I covered everything on the Agenda.
Someone once said; “those that can do and those that can’t teach”.
This live financial advisor coaching practice visit was great for my client and for me because we worked shoulder to shoulder writing the entire plan complete with systems and then some.
I’m settling in for a few hours and I’ll use the time that I have waiting for the flight to write the June Clear Your Roadblocks E-Newsletter.
Wednesday – Friday have a lite schedule of coaching and prospect calls and that is it for the month as Laura and I are taking a Staycation next week.
Here are the Phase 1 Objectives / Systems that we created in the live financial advisor coaching practice visit
Objectives Phase 1
- Create a Vision
- Create a Leadership, Decision, Meeting and Time Managment System
- Earn $552,000 by June 30, 2010
- Create an inspired, enthusiastic, productive and profitable team
- Create an Office Managment System
- Create a Bookkeeping and an Accounting Delegation System
- Create an In House Financial Planning Marketing System
- Create a Prospect / Seminar Follow Up System
- Create a Qualification and Enrolment Sales System
- Qualify Customer Service
Objectives Phase 2
- Create a Financial Planning Web Site
- Create a Financial Planning Marketing Funnel
- Create a Financial Planning Associate Advisor Marketing System
- Create a New Position Job Description
I’m facilitating a Live On Site Financial Advisor Coaching Practice Visit and here is the agenda
- Vision, Purpose, Mission
- Vision – 1 Year, 3 Years, 5 Years
- Objectives, Strategies, Actions – 90 Day Goals
- Delegation / Job Descriptions / Virtual Assistant / Review
- Leadership / Decision / Time Management / Practice
- Follow Up
Areas Of Business
- Planning, Projects, Schedule
- Computers / Systems
- Marketing A – In House
- Marketing B – Marketing Funnel
- Marketing C – Associate Advisors
- Production ( Customer Service )
- Sales Process
- Team Leadership / Harmony / Conflict Resolution
My 12 noon Tuesday, June 16th PT flight left on time from Comox, BC for Toronto via Calgary and it is now 5pm MT and my 4pm MT flight is leaving Calgary an hour late because the Calgary airport was shut down due to lightening.
We landed at 2:25 MT in Calgary and we sat on the tarmac for over an hour waiting for the lightening to pass.
Most people would see this as a problem and I see it as an opportunity to invest the time into the projects that I have been working on.
You have heard the Hebrew proverb; “Some people make things happen, some watch things happen, while others wonder what has happened”.
Chris Barrow shared his belief about this as it relates to this economy;
- 10% make things happen
- 80% watch things happen
- 10% wonder what happened
Having said this, 90% of financial advisors are sitting on the sidelines waiting for something to happen.
I’m committed to dealing with the 10% of financial advisors that make things happen.
So having said this, 10% of financial advisors will get better and 90% of financial advisors risk disappearing and I shudder to think about the clients that they deal with.
I had an idea from 35,000 feet to increase our value proposition by including one to two live on site one day practice visits per year and increase our fee along with the value proposition.
I’m already flying across Canada back and forth and it will be easy to stop and do live on site one day practice visits with a select few of my clients along the way.
The increased monthly fee for my clients will be no more than $300.00 per month.
The live on site one day practice visits would coincide with the live financial advisor speaking dates that I offer.
I’m looking forward to developing the above in the Objectives, Strategies and Actions for July – December 2009.
Come to think of it, the live on site one day practice visits have been happening off and on for years and I do them when I am asked for them.
It is time that I formalize them.
Its 4pm ET in Toronto on Wednesday and I have three West Coast clients to do coaching calls for, then a late dinner and then off to bed for an early morning meeting with a COI in advance of speaking at Advocis Toronto and then pack and off to the airport for a 3pm ET flight home.
Friday brings a full day of one on one tele-coaching and I’m on the road on Saturday to do a live on site three day practice visit in Kelowna, BC.