Continued from Trick or Treat for UNICEF – Part 3
For fun, I am taking myself through the very exercise that I am going to ask the audience to complete when I deliver this presentation.
As I look back from the perspective of the UNICEF Story, I am looking at a list of hundreds of Values that I use in the Coaching Work that I do with my clients, what were my Values way back in 1965?
• Accomplish, Adventure, Assemble, Assist, Attract, Best, Bond, Cause, Collect, Compassion, Connect, Contact, Deliver, Devote, Discover, Engage, Engineer, Enhance, Enliven, Enthuse, Explore, Foster, Gather, Honor, Impact, Implement, Improve, Inspire, Launch, Learn, Manifest, Move, Organize, Persuade, Produce, Promote, Quest, Relate, Renew, Serve, Triumph and Volunteer
Given that time is of the essence as I have a PowerPoint deadline, I am going to come back to refining this list on another day and go onto;
Action Step 3 – Review the following list of Positive Feelings ( I have a list of hundreds of Positive Feeling that I give to my Coaching Clients ) and write down the Positive Feelings that your actions were based on.
• Alive, Carefree, Delighted, Eager, Enthusiastic, Excited, Fascinated, Fulfilled, Grateful, Happy, Inspired, Intrigued, Involved, Optimistic, Peaceful, Quite, Sensitive, Touched, Trusting and Wonderful
As I writing this PowerPoint, the assignment is working for me because memories are coming back of the earlier accomplishments that I had when I was challenged when I did whatever it took to succeed;
• Rolling a transport truck on the Hope-Princeton Highway and getting out and driving another one within 48 hours
• Selling 27 house orders of window screens on a Saturday in January
• Being the first salesperson in the company to break $1,000,000 in sales
• Purchasing my first home with no down payment with 90 days to raise it
• Receiving a sales award for number one in sales of The Unlimited Power Video Workshop when I co-owned the Anthony Robbins Franchise
There are loads of them, and not to forget being single for a number of years and taking the time to write down qualities of the woman that I wanted to attract and I did … my loving wife Laura.
Continued from Trick or Treat for UNICEF – Part 2
I am in the midst of writing a series of actions steps for a new PowerPoint that I am writing entitled; Breakthrough! – How To Breakthrough “The Plateauing Out Syndrome”! Some call it The Plateau Syndrome.
Action Step 1 – Write a Story, with as much detail as you can about when you were challenged and about how you did whatever it took to succeed.
Action Step 2 – Review the following list of Values and write down the Values that your actions were based on.
Action Step 3 – Review the following list of Positive Feelings and write down the Positive Feelings that your actions were based on.
Action Step 4 – Review your Story, Values, Positive Feelings and write down the Positive Beliefs that your actions were based on.
Action Step 5 – Review your Story, Values, Positive Feelings and Positive Beliefs and Identify Your Strengths and Talents.
Action Step 6 – Review your Story, Values, Positive Feelings and Positive Beliefs and Identify Your Strengths and Talents and from this picture of yourself, from this place of what you are saying to yourself and from this feeling … Imagine that it is December 31, 2010, as you look at all areas of your business and personal lives, ask yourself;
• What did you accomplish?
• What goals did you set and achieve?
• What made you happy?
Why did I start with the story?
Some coaches talk about you getting back in touch with your Vision. The lay person you might as well be talking Klingon.
Before you can get to a Vision, one has to get re-associated to their Values which are the DNA of the Vision as well as the Purpose & Mission.
Your Values will also help you to reignite your Positive Feelings and Positive Beliefs and Identify Your Strengths and Talents and your Vision and Goals going forward.
I indentified this list of Values back in 1997 … the time that I chose not to produce events for other coaches and speakers … it was time for me to realize my Values of;
• Attraction, Currency/Energy, Encouragement, Partnering/People, Professionalism/Quality/Service, Sense/Wisdom, Teaching, Understanding/Empathy and Venture