Leading Advisor is looking for an exceptional Financial Services Assistant to join the team at a Calgary Financial Services Firm. Leading Advisor works exclusively with successful financial advisors and their teams to achieve sustainable business results.
We are working in conjunction with our client to manage the recruitment and selection process of the position of an Assistant to the MFDA, Segregated Funds, and EMD Producer.
The successful candidate must:
- Have at least 10 years experience as an assistant to a MFDA and Segs Funds Producer
- Ability to work with minimum supervision; take ownership of assigned tasks, think for yourself, solve problems quickly and independently
- Manage all administration pursuant to client accounts, ability to key in data and create financial plans
- Exceptional communicator able to meet with clients as required, and maintain client contact and follow up system
- Have high standards and attention to detail and ability to manage Producer’s email efficiently and independently
- Have proficient computer skills in all MS Office programs (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, etc.) and thorough knowledge of Goldmine, FP Solution 2012
- Previous experience with Winfund program would be an asset
- Organize, attend, and assist with client functions
- Ability to help with the creation of marketing materials
- Be an enthusiastic team player with exceptional telephone, communication, and interpersonal skills building team and client relationships, and have the ability to quickly adapt to ever changing priorities
- Experience with IPP’s
- Mutual Funds and Life Licenses required
- University or College Degree required
Once established, the Assistant could move into an Associate Financial Advisor Position working with the firm’s existing clients.
This is a full time opportunity. Salary is $50K to start with opportunity to go to $55K based on performance in 90 days through benefits, disability, and RRSP contribution. A vehicle is not mandatory, but would be helpful.
Office hours are from 8am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
To be considered for this great opportunity, please send your cover letter stating your salary expectations, and detailed resume to: Laura Reilly at email@example.com
- Only candidates that meet the criteria set out above will be contacted.
- Principals only, Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact the job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Here is a copy of an e-mail that Laura sent to our client on Friday, July 6th, 2012 that relates to the Marketing Assistant for Edmonton Financial Services Firm and The Leading Advisor Hiring System.
Hope you have had a great week.
Here is an update. I had 3 additional resumes come in this week. To date, I have narrowed the scope down from 13 applicants, to 8.
I am waiting for 4 candidates to complete their questions, and the deadline I have given is Tuesday, July 10th.
Once this material is received, then I will decide which applicants will complete their Values and Behaviours Assessment.
When the assessments are completed, I will shortlist again and then conduct telephone interviews, which will begin mid to late next week.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have a great weekend.