Breakthrough! – How To Breakthrough “The Plateauing Out Syndrome”!
• Have you managed to maintain the same levels of production in “The New Normal”?
• Are you struggling to figure out how to “grow” your business in real terms?
“The Plateauing Out Syndrome” was coined by the members of The Million Dollar Round Table. With the advent of “The New Normal” contributing to clients taking longer and longer to make decisions, Breaking Through “The Plateau” seems more daunting than ever.
For some, the pace of business isn’t what it used to be contributing to thoughts like, “is this all there is?”, and “what am I doing this for?”, and “what is the use?”.
“When there is no understanding, there is judgment. When there is judgment, there can be no understanding or inspiration”.
Join Simon Reilly to Understand How To & What To Do to Breakthrough “The Plateauing Out Syndrome”.
There Is Nothing New! – How To Use Old Ideas In “The New Normal”
- There’s nothing new out there – except the internet
- All the old ideas about time management and personal effectiveness
- All the old ideas about business development
- All the old ideas about marketing and selling …
Are Still Great Ideas!!
But how do you adapt them to the 21st Century, real-time news and information, instant global communication, and the rise of “FREE”?
In this session, Simon will help you to re-learn the good old basics like Time Management that was fathered by Alec MacKenzie’s “The Time Trap”, 30 years ago before technology was invented. Since then, the landscape of Time Management has changed with the advent of the Blackberry, iPhone, Mac and PC. Join Simon Reilly to learn How To Use Old Ideas In “The New Normal” and Breakthrough “The Time Trap.”
With the DNC List Legislation (Do Not Call List ), we all have to think of more creative ways to eliminate cold calls while working with niche marketing at the same time.
Yes this list looks intimidating. It looked that way to me five years ago. There is an expression that; “If they can’t find you on Google, you don’t exist”.
To get your name to the top page on Google, all you have to is point number 13 on the following list and have the articles publish in the publications that your niche is reading.
- Choose A Niche
- Find A Problem That Needs Solving
- Create A Solution Through Your Products & Services
- Brand Your Solution
- Create An Introductory Letter & Product Sales Pages
- Under Promise & Over Deliver To Your Clients
- Ask For Referrals
- Receive And Publish Client Testimonials
- Create A Referral Card
- Create A Web Site
- Publish An E-Newsletter
- Publish A Blog
- Write Articles
- Create Press Releases
- Master Viral Marketing
- Create A Speaking Folio
- Create A Show Reel
- Create CDs & DVDs
- Create Blogs
- Speak To 50,000 People Within The Niche At Association And Corporate Events
- Receive And Publish Speaking Testimonials
- Prospect Speaking Opportunities
- Get Published By A National Publication Within The Niche
- Exhibit At Tradeshows
- Write & Publish A Book
- Offer The First Three Chapters Of Your Book For FREE
- Strengthen Your Team
- Create Relationships With Centers Of Influence
- Develop Strategic Alliance Partners
- Attract Sponsors
- Integrate Facebook, Linked In, MySpace, Twitter With Your Blog
- Make A “knock ‘em dead” FREE Offer To Become A Client For The First Time
- View Your Niche From 35,000 Feet – Don’t Be Afraid To Travel Afar To Your Prospects
- Market, Market & Market Your Products & Services… And Never, Never Do A Cold Call Ever Again.
John, It’s Simon from XYZ Financial and I know you are probably busy with the summer … we have been in touch about building your wealth and protecting your assets and I know that this is important to you so given we are in the lazy days of summer it may be a good time for us to get together or if not, book an appointment now for September so that it does not fall through the cracks.
Which works best for you?
- August or September?
- Mornings or Afternoons?
– You get the point.
Begin with a Clear mind.
A Clear mind is what our coaching clients experience because they are free of The Unmet Needs Disease.
With high energy and practiced high energy script right out of the gate you will fill you book with appointments and hit the ground running in September.
Click Prospecting While Peaceful, Placid & Private for additional insight.
I grew up in a household that believed in taking care of what matters … I believe I have a fiduciary responsibility to help my clients to grow their investments and to insure that their investments are well taken care of … at the same time I believe I have a fiduciary responsibility to take care of their family, friends and associates …
- If you were going to describe me and my products and services to someone, what would you say?
- What do you like best about working with me?
- What do we do for you that you didn’t expect?
- What can we do to improve my service?
- Who can you introduce us to that will appreciate the same kind of products and services?
- Wait 3 seconds …
- Do you know what, most of the time when I ask this question, a person doesn’t come to mind but when I call back in ten days to two weeks, someone always crosses a person’s path.
- Is it OK if I call you back in ten days to two weeks to follow up?
Make a list of your best clients based on; you like them, they have a strong association or business/corporate network
- What do you do best?
- What do you do for them that they did not expect?
- What do you need to do to improve your service? (If there is a service requirement, complete it.)
- If they were going to describe you and the products and service that you offer to someone, how would they describe you and the products and service that you offer? (Write the answers to these questions down and then e-mail the client with what you wrote asking their permission to share their words with any new prospects that you may be talking to.)
- Who do they know that would appreciate the same kinds of products and services that you offer?
I believe that the answers to these questions will also give you your branding message and the reason that I say this is I was working with an Advocis Chapter President three to four years ago and I provided him with a dry run of my speaking presentation and he told me that I should call it “Removing Your Roadblocks To Success” which became “Clear Your Roadblocks To Success”.
Go back to your list of your best clients based on; you like them, they have a strong association or business/corporate network
Sort them by their association or business/corporate network.
Examine your research and;
Determine the largest group of clients by association or business/corporate network. It does not take a large group. I started with seven financial advisors.
- Attend functions, meetings and tradeshows in the same association or business/corporate network, network and gather information about the things that are going on in the association or business/corporate network, find out what their problems are – think of ways that you can help them using your expertise.
- Read material about the association or business/corporate network and gather information about the things that are going on in the association or business/corporate network, find out what their problems are – think of ways that you can help them using your expertise.
- Write articles about the association or business/corporate network adding in the experience that you have to offer creating solutions to the problems that they are experiencing.
- Contact a list broker and purchase a list of prospects within the association or business/corporate network.
- Send your articles to the people on the list every 6 – 8 weeks.
- Distribute the articles to the people that you run across in the association or business/corporate network functions, meetings and tradeshows.
- Call the list of the business people that have been receiving your articles after they have received 3 – 4 articles.
Chances are, the value that you create in the articles will influence the prospects to call you.
One last thing, there is no such thing as an overnight success … this process takes time and if you are patient, you will get results.
* * *
It is 5:30pm on Wednesday evening and I’m off to couples Yoga with Laura at 6:30pm and I am still tired after having gotten to bed at midnight on Tuesday night after coming back from Kelowna from the Live Financial Advisor Practice Visit.
I’m pretty much back to back with calls on Thursday but Friday is wide open and a blessing as I need to catch up on things from being on the road and to finish the week as I want to take next week off.
I’m facilitating a Live On Site Financial Advisor Coaching Practice Visit and here is the agenda
- Vision, Purpose, Mission
- Vision – 1 Year, 3 Years, 5 Years
- Objectives, Strategies, Actions – 90 Day Goals
- Delegation / Job Descriptions / Virtual Assistant / Review
- Leadership / Decision / Time Management / Practice
- Follow Up
Areas Of Business
- Planning, Projects, Schedule
- Computers / Systems
- Marketing A – In House
- Marketing B – Marketing Funnel
- Marketing C – Associate Advisors
- Production ( Customer Service )
- Sales Process
- Team Leadership / Harmony / Conflict Resolution
My 12 noon Tuesday, June 16th PT flight left on time from Comox, BC for Toronto via Calgary and it is now 5pm MT and my 4pm MT flight is leaving Calgary an hour late because the Calgary airport was shut down due to lightening.
We landed at 2:25 MT in Calgary and we sat on the tarmac for over an hour waiting for the lightening to pass.
Most people would see this as a problem and I see it as an opportunity to invest the time into the projects that I have been working on.
You have heard the Hebrew proverb; “Some people make things happen, some watch things happen, while others wonder what has happened”.
Chris Barrow shared his belief about this as it relates to this economy;
- 10% make things happen
- 80% watch things happen
- 10% wonder what happened
Having said this, 90% of financial advisors are sitting on the sidelines waiting for something to happen.
I’m committed to dealing with the 10% of financial advisors that make things happen.
So having said this, 10% of financial advisors will get better and 90% of financial advisors risk disappearing and I shudder to think about the clients that they deal with.
I had an idea from 35,000 feet to increase our value proposition by including one to two live on site one day practice visits per year and increase our fee along with the value proposition.
I’m already flying across Canada back and forth and it will be easy to stop and do live on site one day practice visits with a select few of my clients along the way.
The increased monthly fee for my clients will be no more than $300.00 per month.
The live on site one day practice visits would coincide with the live financial advisor speaking dates that I offer.
I’m looking forward to developing the above in the Objectives, Strategies and Actions for July – December 2009.
Come to think of it, the live on site one day practice visits have been happening off and on for years and I do them when I am asked for them.
It is time that I formalize them.
Its 4pm ET in Toronto on Wednesday and I have three West Coast clients to do coaching calls for, then a late dinner and then off to bed for an early morning meeting with a COI in advance of speaking at Advocis Toronto and then pack and off to the airport for a 3pm ET flight home.
Friday brings a full day of one on one tele-coaching and I’m on the road on Saturday to do a live on site three day practice visit in Kelowna, BC.