How do you inspire yourself to set goals for 2010? Remind yourself of everything accomplished for 2009.
Maintained our Values and Vision while working on creating a scalable system to deliver the Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching System.
• Project List Maintained to Create Focus
• Progressed from Emptying My Mind once a week to the end of every day
• Quit List has been created
• Recoded all notes in journals – no scraps of paper
• Delegation is on the rise
• Purchased a new Computer for Tiffany
• Added Valued Added E-mails that include; Articles, Assignments, Audios, E-Books, Forms, Scripts, Templates, Tools, Worksheets
Breakthrough! – How To Breakthrough “The Plateauing Out Syndrome”!
• Have you managed to maintain the same levels of production in “The New Normal”?
• Are you struggling to figure out how to “grow” your business in real terms?
“The Plateauing Out Syndrome” was coined by the members of The Million Dollar Round Table. With the advent of “The New Normal” contributing to clients taking longer and longer to make decisions, Breaking Through “The Plateau” seems more daunting than ever.
For some, the pace of business isn’t what it used to be contributing to thoughts like, “is this all there is?”, and “what am I doing this for?”, and “what is the use?”.
“When there is no understanding, there is judgment. When there is judgment, there can be no understanding or inspiration”.
Join Simon Reilly to Understand How To & What To Do to Breakthrough “The Plateauing Out Syndrome”.
There Is Nothing New! – How To Use Old Ideas In “The New Normal”
- There’s nothing new out there – except the internet
- All the old ideas about time management and personal effectiveness
- All the old ideas about business development
- All the old ideas about marketing and selling …
Are Still Great Ideas!!
But how do you adapt them to the 21st Century, real-time news and information, instant global communication, and the rise of “FREE”?
In this session, Simon will help you to re-learn the good old basics like Time Management that was fathered by Alec MacKenzie’s “The Time Trap”, 30 years ago before technology was invented. Since then, the landscape of Time Management has changed with the advent of the Blackberry, iPhone, Mac and PC. Join Simon Reilly to learn How To Use Old Ideas In “The New Normal” and Breakthrough “The Time Trap.”
Some members of The Million Dollar Road Table reference the concept of The Plateauing Out Syndrome. The Plateauing Out Syndrome is what MDRT members experience when they hit a glass ceiling, lose the inspiration that they had for the business and begin to become Emotionally Retired at the same time. Click here to read; Are You Emotionally Retired? Curing The Unmet Needs Disease will eliminate The Plateauing Out Syndrome.
A car is picking me up for the airport and I will be traveling until 8pm ET today to North Bay, Ontario so e-mail will be returned on Tuesday.
Here is a picture of my Week At A Glance “Timanager” Action Planner for the week of September 13th – 20th that includes all of my travel, coaching, speaking, personal activities and time blocks for projects work that are listed below ( time blocks = X for travel time and hotel room time that can be used for project work ).
One can go from “I have too much to do” and “I have no time” to “look at all the time that I have this week on the road to complete creative projects!!!”
I’m on the road this week to speak at Advocis North Bay, Ontario and Advocis Kingston, Ontario on Wednesday and Thursday. I’m flying Monday to acclimatize to ET and flying home on Friday afternoon.
Aside from the speaking and a few client calls this week, because it is a telephone coaching off week, I have 39 Hours of Block Time that I can invest in the following creative projects;
- Speaking PowerPoint Upgrade & Prep
- Speaking Camera Dry Run
- Optimism Research
- Market The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Film Speaking Presentations For Show Reel Footage
- Schedule Appointments With Speaking COIs
- E-Mail To Invite Participants To The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Follow Up MDRT Vancouver 2010
- Associate To The Sales Goals That We Wish To Attract
- Sales Page For The Leading Advisor Clear Your Roadblocks Workshop & GYM
- Sales Page For One On One Coaching & The Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Article On “Free”
- Upgrade The Leading Advisor Clear Your Roadblocks Private Web Site for participants of The
- Clear Your Roadblocks Coaching GYM
- Order Camtasia
- Work With Kim Black On Marketing & Web
- Mind Map Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace and Twitter And Upgrade Same
- Reflect On Marketing & Sales Training For Laura
- Decide On IFB Fall Speaking
- Client E-Mails
- Team E-Mails
- Give Thanks
I just reflecting that whether I’m coaching, speaking or writing, every one of these is a presentation in some way shape or form.
Coaching includes reading the notes from a previous conversation, Speaking can include an interview with the Advocis Chapter President or Advocis Program Chair in advance of speaking at an Advocis Chapter to find out what the audience wants to hear about and Writing can include writing out a description of a speaking presentation.
It’s 7:45am Thursday, August 20th and I’m sharing what I am doing to qualify to speak at the MDRT in Vancouver in June 2010.
There are many qualification steps to speak at the MDRT and I have been suggested as a potential speaker and this was created by way of a referral which had to pass through a committee to get to the place that I am in right now in the process.
The next steps include a telephone interview with The Program Committee Captain which is today at 1pm.
The interview is to discuss my interest, a discussion of my proposed presentation and to answer any question that I may have.
I have not spoken since June 17th so here are my notes to help me to get focused on the presentation that I would like to offer to the MDRT.
Clear Your Roadblocks
- Increase Your Referrals By 1000%
- Understand and Eliminate The Plateauing Out Syndrome
- Attract More High Net Worth Clients With Less Effort
- Most people do not know what their values are
- Values are what pull you forward, ignite your passion and your vision, plan and goals
- Many advisors have no written vision, business plan, marketing plan or goals
- Many advisors agree that asking for referrals is the best way to build their business
- A survey indicated that 10 – 15% of advisors actually ask for referrals
- Advisors and others suffer from The Unmet Needs Disease
- When one has Unmet Needs, they have Negative Beliefs and Negative Emotions
- The Unmet Need of approval is the Roadblock that prevents an advisor from asking for a referral and fuels Negative Beliefs like “the client may say no” or “I might make a mistake with the referral and I may lose the client as a result” and these in turn fuel Negative Emotions like anxiety and fear.
Values are like turtles, they only come out when it is safe. Unmet Needs not only fuel Negative Beliefs and Negative Emotions; Unmet Needs will eventually sabotage values, vision, plans and goals.
The Clear Your Roadblocks presentation helps advisors to understand and clear their Unmet Needs, Negative Beliefs and Negative Emotions and gives them the strategies to;
- Redefine their Values
- Create a Vision
- Set 90 Day Goals
- Maximize Time
- Empower Their Teams
- Delegate More
- Attract High Net Worth Clients
- Ask for and receive Referrals
- Create a Brand
- Focus on A Niche Market
- Receive Testimonials
- Increase Their Sales By 25%
- Ignite their Passion & Inspiration like never before
Monday, July 14th at 1:40pm and powering through writing a PowerPoint and workbook for the workshop that I am delivering on July 16th and Bruce Cockburn’s “If You Had A Dream Like Mine” is on the radio.
Robert Gignac will be here at 6:30pm and Laura and I will take Robert for dinner. Robert is visiting us after speaking at a National Freedom 55 Event over the weekend in Victoria.
Robert has referred me to the decision makers for the MDRT event in Vancouver 2010 and the contact wants the following today ( Monday ) for a Tuesday meeting;
I’m following up on Robert Gignac’s MDRT speaking referral.
Thank you for taking the time to consider me as a speaker for the MDRT.
Please find the answers to the following questions at the bottom of this e-mail.
1. Full name of person you are suggesting
4. Phone number
5. What is this person’s “claim to fame” the message for the audience.
I hope to have the opportunity to be of service.
5. Create Sustainable Success by Understanding The Plateauing Out Syndrome - Curing The Unmet Needs Disease
I’ve delivered the core of this message coast to coast across Canada to 12,000 financial advisors at over 100 financial advisor speaking presentations over the past 36 months and more notably at larger Advocis Chapters in Victoria, BC, Calgary, AB, Regina, SK, Saskatoon, SK, Ottawa, ON Toronto, ON, Moncton, NB and St. John’s NL. Click here for Speaking Testimonials.
Please note that I offer a pre-presentation interview to find out what the issues are that the audience is facing and create a customized presentation.
Finally, while I am more than pleased with our web site speaking folio and testimonials, the show reels on the web site are over a year and a half old, and do not do justice to the speaking testimonials and the quality of the speaking.
Create Sustainable Success by Understanding The Plateauing Out Syndrome - Curing The Unmet Needs Disease
No matter what milestone is championed, sooner or later, even the most successful financial advisor will get to a place where they say, “Is this all there is?”
While unmet needs like approval, recognition and safety propel the financial advisor to advanced levels of success, like the grain of sand that forms the irritant in the oyster that becomes the beautiful pearl in the end, the unmet need like the grain of sand is still irritating the financial advisor.
The unmet needs that propelled the success have not been met and deep down these incomplete unmet needs of approval, recognition and safety generate an array of limiting beliefs such as, “people don’t appreciate me”, and “this is not good enough”, and “there is something missing and I can’t put my finger on it” which are often compounded by negative emotions.
Trouble is, unmet needs cannot be met from outside things like; awards, money, possessions or relationships. Unmet needs must be met from within, and meeting these unmet needs are the cornerstone of discovering ones’ values which are the true foundation of ones’ success.
The challenge, values are like turtles, they only come out when it is safe and unmet needs will dominate a persons values until they are met.
When values are realized one is fulfilled from within by delivering their values to all whom they serve, not because they need it.
My speaking presentation shows the audience the steps on how to cure their unmet needs and re-associate to the values, positive beliefs and positive feelings that will inspire them to go forward.
It’s Saturday morning and I’m confessing that I’m likely going to be working Saturday and Sunday mornings/early afternoons and I’m just taking a moment to celebrate the successes that we are experiencing … at the same time, this writing will spur me on as it is sunny and going to be near 30° C today.
I’m working completing a workshop, PowerPoint, workshop manual and coaching gym for delivery on July 16th.
Even though I’m working the weekend, I’m truly inspired for a number of reasons;
- Laura’s Mom Helen is here for a weekend visit
- I laid off of writing what is going on with us in business and personal blogs for the entire week and all the business blogs are already written for next week
- A Staycation from June 29th – July 3rd and enjoyed; barbeques, boating on Sprout Lake, cycling, mini golf, peace of mind, puppy class, walking Shadow, visiting my Mom Irene and yoga – click here for Staycation Pics
- Completely on track with our vision
- Ended the week by Emptying My Head and office cleanup
- Robert Gignac of Wealth Is A State Of Mind is coming to visit us on Monday afternoon and a messy office would not do
- Bob personally referred us to the MDRT for Vancouver 2010
- Jeff Comiskey of Succession Strategies Inc. and Advocis London Chapter President referred us to six other Ontario Advocis Chapters
- An exceptional week of coaching calls and we are doing more and more consulting work
- Reminded to re-visit Dragon Voice Recognition Software after putting it aside five years ago … this is spurred on with receiving a Coaching Call Client Prep Form from a client that was done in Dragon
- Reminded to re-visit Skype after putting it aside a few years ago after receiving a client call from Europe
- A new client started
- Financial Advisor Speaking Update sent to Life Insurance and MGA Companies
- Booked Advocis Trail, BC and London, ON for financial advisor public speaking
- A July 15th breakfast meeting booked in Vancouver with two COI’s from a national financial advisor firm that can sponsor financial advisor public speaking, workshops, manager coaching and financial advisor coaching
Best of all, the work on completing the workshop, powerpoint, workshop manual and coaching gym for delivery on July 16th which we are doing with Kim Black, our Coaching IT Master is preparing the foundation for us to launch a public financial advisor coaching gym that includes;
- Unlimited E-Mail Access to Simon Reilly
- Audio Lessons
- Monthly ¼ Hour Phone Call with Simon Reilly that can be booked using and automated appointment booking on-line software
- Monthly group coaching calls
- E-Coaching Follow Up to your E-Lessons, E-Mails and Progress Reports – this means I am with you every step of the way reading your E-Lessons, E-Mails and Progress Reports and Responding with; Articles, E-Lessons, Feedback, Forms, Insights and Tough Love
- Weekly Progress Report ( Automated )
- A Private On Line Forum
We are hoping to launch a Free Beta Version in our July E-Newsletter for the month of August to create a September Strong Start.